Cybersecurity Caucus: How to Work Better With the Private Sector
As Co-Chairmen of the Congressional Cybersecurity Caucus, we invite you to attend the second briefing in a two part series on strengthening the important public-private partnership that exists in the cybersecurity arena. The briefing will be held on Tuesday, June 29th, in the South Meeting Room in the Capitol Visitor’s Center from 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
The public nature of the internet means that the government is constantly interfacing with private citizens and businesses in the digital domain. This creates numerous opportunities and challenges for both parties. We are hosting this discussion in order to look more closely at how the private sector can better help the government to secure its critical information infrastructure and adapt to a large and changing threat environment.
Speakers will include:
- Greg Schaffer, Assistant Secretary for Cybersecurity and Communications at the Department of Homeland Security;
- John Streufert, Deputy Chief Information Officer at the State Department;
- Amit Yoran, CEO of NetWitness;
- Sam Visner, Vice President at CSC; and
- Trey Hodgkins, Vice President for National Security & Procurement Policy at TechAmerica.